Abortion Training For Midwives
This tot took place in tunesia a country where abortion is legal which makes it easier to organize practical training.
Abortion training for midwives. Developing an abortion care curriculum and training manual. Education material for teachers of midwifery. Lastly in the international confederation of midwives curriculum for midwifery training in level 2 of the curriculum that is in the second six months midwives should receiving training in the following skills abilities. The modules while primarily intended for in service training programmes for midwives and nurse midwives can also be used in basic and post basic midwifery programmes.
A professional toolkit for nurse midwives nurse practitioners and physician assistants is the result of collaboration between the provide ansirh and the national abortion federation the toolkit is a professional guide for certified nurse midwives nurse practitioners and physician assistants in the united states who are either currently providing or would like to. Health workers including auxiliary nurse midwives were trained as pac providers in nepal and nigeria 43 findings from follow up visits over the course of 1 year following training documented that 56 nepal and 64 nigeria of providers continued to provide high quality abortion services and that most of these providers were consistently using the who recommended abortion technologies 90. Sixteen states do not require a physician to provide medication abortion 9 and a number of states do not require a physician to perform mva abortion 10 of all abortions 89 are performed within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy a timeframe within which mva can be performed safely 11 medication abortion is. And conducting a process evaluation of the quality of midwives service provision after they had been trained.
6 modules in 1 v. Unintended pregnancy medical eligibility criteria for early termination of pregnancy laws and regulations related to abortion care services spontaneous abortion. Midwives and abortion care. Midwives provide medication and mva abortions in some states.
Preparation of the new module on management of incomplete abortion and post abortion care and for. The american college of obstetricians and gynecologists supports education for students in health care fields as well as clinical training for residents and advanced practice clinicians in abortion care in order to increase the availability of trained abortion providers. In order to get more midwives trained we needed a few selected midwives to take part in a train the trainer course. Of midwives icm and the united nations children s fund unicef.
The framework for midwifery education developed at the workshop formed the basis for the modules. The midwifery abortion care training programme consisted of three major activities. A model for achieving competency article literature review in journal of midwifery women s health 57 3 285 9 may 2012 with 53 reads how we measure reads.
- How Is Ebola Virus Infection Detected
- How Does Light Intensity Affect Oxygen Production
- How Is Genetic Engineering Used In Agriculture
- How Does Solvent Extraction Work
- How Can We Prevent Future Oil Spills
- How Do Vaccines Work A Level Biology
- How Does Religion Influence Us
- How Do Leed Regional Priority Credits Work
- How Does E85 Gas Work
- How Are Lighting Levels Measured
- Hormones From The Anterior Pituitary Gland Stimulate Ovulation
- Hook Pattern Technical Analysis
- How Does Religion Affect The World Today
- How Genetic Engineering Was Utilized In Producing A Vaccine
- Hospital Wastes Being Disposed
- How Does Rural And Urban Setting Affect Learning
- How Does Social Class Affect A Child S Development
- Hormone Activated Gene Expression
- How Do Solar Thermal Collectors Work
- How Is Porous Concrete Made